Friday, December 01, 2006

who needs ears anyways?


huh!?, originally uploaded by nepalblue.

Okay... That's it for day four (and I'm behind schedule - it was only supposed to take me a day to finish the second doctor's face). That's okay. I'll just make the rest of my underpainting a lot looser (after I finish the ears of course - nobody likes loose ears). I'll be back on track if I can make it to the form painting by Sunday/Monday. I think I'm going to have to take Cathy's advice and haul out the BIG BRUSHES*. Late.

*Interesting fact: These large painting instruments are called "iLOS BRUSHOS GIGANTE!" by many a nomadic gringo in New Mexico, whereas the ancient Romans referred to them as BRVSHI MAXIMVS. They can be up to 12 feet in length (the brushes.. not the ancient Romans), and can completely underpaint an 18" x 24" canvas with one stroke (well, the ancient Romans could do that too... even with regular brushes)!

[nonsense due to time of day and lack of ventilation in painting studio]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home