Saturday, November 11, 2006

uno mas


a different perspective, originally uploaded by nepalblue.

I can't believe that there is only one more week left of class. It has been such a great experience so far. I have learned so much, have made quite a few good friends, and have made it into mid November still wearing my flip-flops (making the most of it, because there will be no flip-floppery when I get back home)!

Eva is coming along nicely. I was able to get pretty far with the underpainting, although I would have liked to work on her beautiful necklace. The facial details turned out to be the breaks for my speed painting, which is okay, because those needed to be attempted with precision. I fell a bit short though.. well, her nose fell a bit short. I realized as I was finishing up yesterday that, although it appears to be her nose, it is slightly lacking in vertical length. I'm pretty sure it is something that I'll be able to adjust in the form painting, but unfortunately, the nose job has to wait until Monday.

So yeah. We'll see how far I can take Eva. My goal is to finish all of her face with the form painting (which definitely seems doable)... and to make it one more week wearing my flip-flops. Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home