Saturday, November 25, 2006

one last look...


check out that beard!
Originally uploaded by nepalblue.

at the New Mexican horizon, and now I'm back within the seemingly impenetrable grey, horizonless confines of cook county. Wait, wait, wait. I make it seem far too bleak - it's not. It's always good to be back home (even though the humidity talks my hair into curls).

The good news is that I have some work to do. Last monday, my mom and grandma were walking around in a local Albuquerque art gallery (Weems) that they've been going to for years, and ended up talking to the owner about me and what I had been up to in Santa Fe. She insisted that I see her at once and that I bring my work along. So, I went.. and it paid off. She got a commission for me with the Eye Associates of New Mexico on the spot.

Unfortunately, I am going to be working from a photograph, which lacks the color, form and intensity of reality. But, it is work nonetheless, and may be a future host to other opportunities and possibilities (from which I can work by a preferred method). I have until December 16th to get it completed and..

you: "#*&@% $! Did you just say you have only until December 16th to finish a painting!!!!!"
me: "Uhh.. yeah."
you: "You?! How big is this painting supposed to be?"
me: "18 by 24 inches."
you: "You are nuts."
you: "N"
you: "U"
you: "T"
you: "S"
you: "NUTS!"

.. and shipped back to Albuquerque. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but now is the time to get a foot in the door.. and I am up for it.

So, now that I am home and have gotten some decent oil primed linen stretched onto some not-so-decent stretcher bars, it's time to get to work. Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home