Tuesday, November 04, 2008

back...


poster study (of tim)
Originally uploaded by nepalblue
as promised (I'll do my best to keep it up). After the NY show, I lost my posting rhythm - certainly time to get back into motion.

Fortunately, painting hasn't dried up - I've continued to work (productively) through the blog-less abeyance. My self portrait is coming along (I'll post my progress sometime this week, after I touch up a few things). As of this evening, I've started a portrait of a great friend who's joined up with us in the high desert. If all goes well, the painting might find its way to another show in NY, come December.

Aside from my own painting activities, I just finished sitting for a six week portrait pose at the Ryder studio - I became very familiar with the Half Windsor Knot, and am now obsessed (I anxiously wait for a deluge of such knots (an many others) during tomorrow night's election coverage) - eye candy, indeed! Late.

Before I go..

The New York show (I almost forgot)! It was a quality experience - opened up my eyes and inspired my ambitions. I was fortunate to sell a piece, but the most wonderful part of the opening was being able to enjoy the moment with people very special to me - those who went to NY with me, and those who met up with me there - so amazing! I'll get some pictures posted soon. Late Late.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom VdW said...

that's a nice poster.
Love the chroma!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey Tob,
my favorite part about this so far is the luminosity of the background. Gorgeous. Great contrast with the shadow on his face. Isn't it crazy how different two perspectives on the same pose can look?

8:27 AM  
Blogger m tobias hall said...

thanks guys

yeah, the difference is drastic from only several feet away - i'm excited about the pose!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

my knot of choice

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home