Monday, November 05, 2012

speaking of

Donat by nepalblue
Donat, a photo by nepalblue on Flickr.

good friends, I had the opportunity to sculpt this summer with Donat King - who is a remarkable person, and a talented artist, himself.

As part of our extracurricular exercise this summer in Argenton Chateau, Donat and I took turns sculpting one another. It was so much fun. There were times that we'd sculpt before class (to those who know me well, I wouldn't be considered a morning person).

It was an incredible experience regarding the development of my spatial awareness. I would hope to think that I have a decent amount of that already from drawing and painting... but there certainly is something special about feeling one's way through space.

I need to get my hands on some more clay. Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home