Saturday, January 01, 2011

might as well


underpainting
Originally uploaded by nepalblue
start off the new year with a post.

Among other things, I'm working on a portrait of Mercia - it's a project that has taken quite a while to gain enough momentum. I've been intending to paint her for the past couple of years - I wasn't able to follow through on the first couple attempts. I am really excited about this one. It has been a lot of fun to work on - I am inspired (third time's a charm).

It's on hold for a couple of weeks, but once we get back into rhythm, I'll post more progress. Happy New Year - I hope 2011 is beautiful for all of us! Late.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thara V said...

Beautiful. The scarf she's wearing adds a little something to the portrait. Maybe it's the colour, but I love it.

11:30 PM  
Blogger m tobias hall said...

Thank you so much! The color of the scarf is really perfect for the portrait - I'll try to post again soon with my progress.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home