Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Well..


done
Originally uploaded by nepalblue
I'm still in the desert. I have been extremely fortunate to have spent the majority of the past two weeks drawing in Tony Ryder's class as an alternate. In the coming weeks, I will be spending quite a bit of time there as the next portrait model. Although, I won't be drawing or painting at that time, I'll still be around to soak in some of Tony's teaching and critiques - plus, it will enable me to stick around a bit longer (it really is a wonderful environment for me to be in.. I am so happy to be here).

I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but Krista, Chris (Rigney), and I are going to have an exhibition this August in New York. With thirteen pieces to show, I have my work cut out for me. There are quite a few seeds planted in my head - with the help of the desert sun, I'll be doing my best to bring them to life. Once I make some headway, I'll be posting (on here, and more frequently in Flickr).

So, life is good (not to mention that baseball season is about to begin)! Late.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

An exhibition, and in New York, no less! How wonderful, congratuations! I am actually trying to make plans to visit NY this summer ;) Hopefully fate will smile on us and I can check it out.

9:30 AM  
Blogger m tobias hall said...

Hey, thanks Annie! That would certainly be cra na - I'll definitely keep you updated.

2:12 PM  
Blogger rigney said...

nice work... its has more life than previous paintings. Can defiantly see improvements.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Tom VdW said...

Wow, nice Toby!

You guys are knocking me off my feet with all that top notch painting!

One small thing. Watch the chroma in the dark light. The saturation there jumps a little compared to the lighter lights.
I very much like the mussle and lips/chin area. Nice value control :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger NJN said...

Love it! Very powerful. I like the areas of cool light around the mouth too. Great work. Cheers, Neil N.

www.neil-nelson.blogspot.com

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home