Thursday, October 05, 2006

a long way to go


she's coming along
Originally uploaded by nepalblue.

So, In class we all dove in to our underpaintings. Here is what I've got so far (I brought the camera cable with me today!). I cannot wait until I'm swimming along in the final paint layer.

Okay, let me explain the underpainting. Basically, it is just a wash-in (as one would paint a wash with watercolor) using a solvent to thin out the paint instead of adding an oil medium to the paint. It is a base for the actual painting layer to rest on. "Like underwear," as Tony described it in class. In that regard, I am trying to make my underpainting look as sexy as possible. I have tomorrow and Monday to finish it up; then it's on to the outerwear.

Alright, It is drawing time again. I must have left my draw-face at home with my camera cable on Tuesday because I sure wasn't feeling "it." I did end up with a great line drawing though, and I really enjoyed the model (would have been great to paint). I'll get a picture of it up soon. Late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home